Nonprofit Impact is a women-owned small business. Together with our sister company, Conservation Impact, we have worked with over 675 clients in 46 states. We created Nonprofit Impact in 2003 to complement our work in Conservation Impact, which provides comprehensive organizational development consulting to organizations and related public agencies dedicated to environmental quality and natural resource protection.
We have spent our entire professional careers in the nonprofit and public sectors and have extensive experience with public health, education, and human services, as well as a solid track record of consulting and training success. We do this work because we care about making a difference in our communities.
Strengths and Experience
- Strategic thinking, getting to the core issues, creating practical solutions, and inspiring clients to be stronger than they could have imagined.
- 30 years working with nonprofits and public agencies; management, technical assistance, and consulting; adjunct faculty in nonprofit management.
How Clients Describe Shelli
“Amazing visionary” “Passionate and energetic” “A real pro”
What Clients Have Said About Shelli
“My team and I are still coming down from the amazing high and “awe ha” moment you gave us two weeks ago! You have changed the way we view our coalition, our efforts, our impact, and our “meetingless meetings.” You are truly gifted at what you do!”
“Of all the consultants we have had over the 15 years I have been here, no one has helped us to be more transformative and to act on what we learned for the advancement of our mission.”
“I was impressed how you were able to keep the group on point, manage some strong and vocal personalities, and craft language which presented an acceptable compromise between differing points of view and sometimes doing all of these at the same time.”
Master’s of Public Administration with Nonprofit Emphasis, University of Colorado at Denver
Bachelor’s of Arts, Environmental Conservation, University of Colorado at Denver
- Founded and manages Conservation Impact and Nonprofit Impact for past 15 years.
- Consulted with more than 1,000 nonprofits and public agencies nationwide and in Canada and the Philippines.
- Started and managed two revenue generating enterprises of nonprofit institutions.
- Started and managed Colorado’s fourteen Small Business Development Centers.
- Authored several nonprofit management, marketing, and organizational development articles.
- Invited speaker and trainer at national conferences and leadership institutes.
- Making organizations and agencies potent and impactful.
- All aspects of organizational development and how organizations and agencies do their work.
- Generational cohort data and information and how it applies to nonprofit marketing.
Strengths and Experience
- Strategic thinking, aligning goals and fundraising, connecting with high-level volunteers, and bringing clarity to complex issues and systems.
- 15 years working with nonprofits and public agencies; fundraising, program development, grant making, special events, volunteer and board development.
How Clients Describe Karen
“Focus and guidance” “You keep us on track” “Personable and professional”
What Clients Have Said About Karen
“Your information was hugely helpful and your presentation style helped everyone connect in real ways. Your ‘Engaging Constituents’ information opened my eyes to a new way of thinking.”
“Thank you again for helping facilitate this meeting. We really couldn’t have done it without your help. I’m feeling much more confident about where we’re going and what we need to do to move this organization forward.”
“Your feedback really helped to clarify our message and has given us a plan of attack for tomorrow’s fundraising meeting.”
“Thanks so much for a valuable presentation. I’ve had several people comment on what a great presenter you were and how much they gained from it. I was especially pleased to have staff and board working together on mutual concerns.”
Masters in Nonprofit Management, with Honors, from Regis University
Colorado Trust Fellowship, Class of 1997
Bachelor’s of Arts, Sociology, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Consulted with local, regional, national, and international nonprofits around the country.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised over 500 volunteers filling a wide variety of roles, including high-level board and committee volunteers.
- Developed and implemented 80+ fundraising events for local, state, and national audiences.
- Created comprehensive marketing and donor communication campaigns.
- Invited workshop leader at state and national conferences.
- Helping organizations determine their strategic focus.
- Taking the fear out of fundraising.
- How organizations use technology to connect with supporters and raise funds.
Strengths and Experience
- Thinking critically, writing with precision, pith, and personality, and ensuring the highest quality standards.
- 5 years experience editing publications, writing for a wide variety of businesses, and leading communications and design projects.
Words Used to Describe Erin
“a gifted writer and a creative thinker”
“a remarkable combination of passion, leadership, and dedication”
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Linguistics, with Honors, University of Colorado Boulder
- Directed marketing, content selection, and design as the editor in chief of a creative arts journal.
- Wrote content for a diverse range of organizations.
- 4 years experience leading teams and organizations.
- Worked with local and national nonprofits.
- Crafting engaging and valuable information.
- Ensuring precise and useful products for clients.
- Using data and analytics to improve communications strategies.
The same way a nonprofit can’t succeed without a great board, a small business can’t succeed without trusted advisors. We appreciate the services of our extended team:
We also learn a great deal from our community of clients.