We are happy to share information, tools, templates, and materials. We are also available to provide initial phone consultations at no charge to discuss your efforts to create more potent and sustainable operations and to get your organization, agency, or program to the next level.
For more information on how to use these tools, or to requst other materials that are not listed, please email email@example.com or call 303.223.4886.
Booklets and Articles
Newest Article Just Released
The long-term sustainability of evidence-based programs is a growing concern in the state and local public health agencies, healthy aging agencies, and community-based organizations that deliver them. While the path between, “think about sustainability during planning,” and, “be sustainable before funding ends,” has been elusive, Karen Buck outlines the 3 steps that lead to true program sustainability. (2013)
This booklet outlines the importance of aligning organizational capacity, identity, and constituent outreach in achieving your organziation or agency’s next level of success. The Integrated Strategy has enabled organizations of different sizes and stages of development to achieve powerful results and enhanced sustainability. (2007)
Strategic positioning brings a more externally-focused and constituent-centered analysis to traditional strategic planning. This booklet outlines the reasons to consider strategic positioning and explains how to incorporate positioning into the strategic planning process. (2008)
Sophisticated organizations will want to shift their focus and become truly constituent-centered in order to be successful and sustainable. Beyond Marketing: Becoming a Constituent-Centered Organization shows how this powerful approach enhances your organization’s ability to create meaningful connections and realize the full potential of those relationships. (2010)
If your job includes attracting members and volunteers, building awarenes for your cause, or raising funds, then this article is for you! This step-by-step, how-to guide will help you reach and engage your audience. It demonstrates how simple marketing concepts can be applied and provides several examples for the development of a basic marketing plan.
- Building a Sustainable School Health Program, published in Rocky Mountain Center (RMC) Health Educator (Fall 2007) Read more…
Your program is already successful, but you know it is capable of more. Program at this stage of development can benefit tremendously from the Integrated Strategy approach. The Integrated Strategy is a framework that helps sharpen focus by aligning identity, capacity, and constituency to ensure long-term success and sustainability. This article applies the Integrated Strategy framework to school health programs.
- Integration: A Systems Change Approach to Organizational Alignment to Achieve Health Outcomes in Chronic Disease (2011)Read more…
Today’s public health leaders are challenged to address the ever-increasing burdens of chronic disease in an environment of scarce resources and competitive funding. Integration is a systems-change approach that optimizes organizational resources to more efficiently and effectively achieve chronic disease outcomes. This article presents a systematic and expedient process to create a more integrated operation. The process involves analysis of integrated data, a strategic framework and the integrated work plan. Most importantly, it is necessary to align systems, structures, staffing, finances and partnerships to the integrated strategies. As a systems change approach, integration requires leadership fortitude, management skill and organizational resiliency. This proven process will help ensure that State, community and nonprofit organizations are more potent and more sustainable. (2011)
Shelli defines the process, tools, and techniques that public health leaders, managers, and program directors need to align their organizations with their coordinated chronic disease plans and succeed in implementation.(2012)
Tools and Templates
- Strategic Planning Process Overview download PDF
- Strategic Plan Outline download PDF
- Sample Positioning Plan Outline download PDF
- Business Plan Process Overview download PDF
- Sample Business Plan Outline download PDF
- Sample Marketing Plan Outline download PDF
- Sample Marketing Plan Matrix download PDF
- Marketing Mini Audit download PDF
- Marketing Plan Process download PDF
- Fundraising Program Process Overview download PDF
- Sample Fundraising Plan Matrix download PDF
- Testing Your Event’s Feasibility Worksheet download PDF
- Board and Staff Roles in Fundraising Worksheet download PDF
- Sustainability Plan Outline download PDF
- Donor Communications Worksheet download PDF
- Board Development Activities download PDF
- Project Plan Template download PDF
Workshops and Training
In today’s competitive and challenging environment, strategic planning isn’t always enough — organizations and agencies must be more strategic about their position in their sphere of influence. Strategic positioning is a more sophisticated approach to planning that more fully explores the external operating environment and leverages your distinct assets for competitive advantage. This workshop presents concepts, tools, and techniques to help define your position and create a plan to achieve results and dramatically increase your organization’s presence and support.
Public health providers create a variety of programs and continually face the challenges of how to sustain them, achieve meaningful results, and engage disparate communities. And in an increasingly competitive environment, excellent programs are often at risk. This workshop introduces a framework for community health programs and partnerships to be more potent and sustainable using the Integrated Strategy.
Nonprofit organizations and public agencies are becoming more sophisticated about engaging a broader, more diverse audience. This workshop helps participants apply a marketing approach to program participation, fundraising, and recruitment of supporters and provides tools, techniques, and templates that can be immediately applied to help create marketing plans that enhance mission and create a larger and more diverse constituency.
Many agencies and organizations create topic-specific coalitions in order to achieve specific goals and build a supportive and engaged base of diverse constituents. This workshop brings marketing concepts and a constituent-centered approach to coalition development and management so that your coalition can reach and engage targeted markets, create programs that are more successful and sustainable, and achieve real results.
- Creating an Integrated and Sustainable Organization download abstract and table of contents
- Leadership and Management download abstract and table of contents
- Partner Relations download abstract and table of contents
- Project Management for Public Health Practitioners download abstract and table of contents
- Using Organizational Analysis for Development & Growth download abstract and table of contents
- Comprehensive, Coordinated Planning download abstract and table of contents